Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fought to Be Me

So many times people have tried to kill my dream..tell me that I wouldn't amount to be anything because I had 2 kids before I reached the age of 20. They tried to tell me that all I would ever amount to is living with my mom for the rest of my life and supporting my kids from a minimum wage job. For a while I must say that I believed them. My spirit was broken. I had so many people take from me and use me that I didn't even know who i was anymore. I got so low that I tried to take my life not once but twice. I was letting people tell me what I was going to become instead of showing them who I could become. I had to learn to build my self confidence back up. i knew I was always pretty but I had to start to believe that I was beautiful. Inside and out. I had to believe that I was going to be more than just another statistic. more than just a teen mom. More than just another young black girl who lost her way. I had to prove that I could make it by just being who i truly was. Me. so after some soul searching and a lot of thought processing I became a stronger woman for myself. For my kids. I used my gift of writing to let my stories pour out there and reach those who needed to be reached. I let my personality shine through and met some awesome people along this journey. After years of being abused, unloved, and confused I can honestly say now at the age of 22 I'm truly someone I'm proud of. The journey wasn't easy but I'm finally me. and people either love me or hate me but no one is going to ever break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment