Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love

In my 22 years I've loved hard. I've loved half hearted. I've broken hearts and fell in love. But after all of that i have yet to find the right one for me. The one who understands me. Knows that even if I'm busy that I'm still thinking about them. That can make me laugh and at the same time be a shoulder to lean on with I need them to be. Not someone who's clingy. Or just don't know what they want out of life. I've lived long enough to know that not everyone is perfect. And I'm not looking for that. I want my match made in my world. I want my guy in blue jeans and a white tee not in shining armor. I used to think that maybe I was meant to be alone because of all the wrongs I've done in my life. But now I know that I was alone to find someone at the right time in my life. find them when I was in a place to be able to handle it with maturity and not have to worry about cheating or dishonesty. I know who I am now is far from who I was in the past. Now I'm waiting for love to sneak back on me. Sometimes I can look right in front of me and think I may have found the one. But am too scared to ever admit it to him or to my heart. I don't want to just be giving myself away to someone and not have it go anywhere. Because i know I'm more than what's between my legs. I hope one day I find what I seek because those days of settling for second best. Is way beneath me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Loved it!!! You will find that man you seek. You never know, he could be just a blog away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taquila everything thing good comes from God. The Bible says when a man finds a wife he findeth a good thing. He will come when he is suppose to. Continue to be a blessing to this world.

    ReplyDelete